Subject: Re: [codelist] Agenda for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01

At 2007-04-24 15:36 -0400, I wrote:
>Agenda for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01
>
>14:00 - 15:00 UTC 2007-05-01
>15:00 - 16:00 UTC 2007-05-01

Sorry, folks, it is the first of the two above, I apologize for both
of them getting in to the announcement:

    14:00 - 15:00 UTC 2007-05-01

>The draft agenda is posted at:

I have three additions to the agenda:

   (1) - use of http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=
         and the repository document number for announcements of contributions
         to the repository
       - please turn off automatic notification and create a notification of
         your own using the above
       - the automatically posted URL cannot be used by non-members, so readers
         of the archive are unable to click on the link and get to the
         documents we post, whereas if we write our own announcement post using
         the URL above, this is accessible by non-member readers of the archive

   (2) - re: the UBL Methodology for Code List and Value Validation

          http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23703

       - this utilizes genericode and defines a methodology that can be
         used for any XML document, not just UBL
       - does it make sense to consider moving the "ownership" of this project
         from the UBL committee to our CLRTC committee?  I am the only editor
         and developer and I sit on both committees.
       - if so, we should decide this ASAP ... the methodology is still in
         draft and has to change to support new URI strings for genericode, so
         any early adopters currently using the methodology will have to touch
         their files anyway ... changing the URI strings to CLRTC would be
         done at the same time they change the URI strings for genericode
       - the thought is that since there are no UBL dependencies in the
         methodology can we remove any UBL "attachment" by making it a CLRTC
         methodology?
       - this wouldn't be a mandatory methodology, just an optional and
         available validation methodology for users of genericode

   (3) - reminder of New York XML SIG presentations on UBL and genericode by
         me and Tony in Manhattan:

          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00047.html

Please let me know if you have anything else to add.

Thanks!

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc