Subject: Re: [codelist] Annex A Content and front-matter meta data

While it might be redundant in a technical sense to mention OASIS for
Associate Members, we are talking about what to write in lieu of a company
affiliation for TC members who are participating on an individual basis
rather than on a company basis.  As such, I don't think "Associate Member"
is a very clear thing to write, I don't think it would be meaningful to
readers of the document who aren't OASIS members and don't know the
technical names of the OASIS membership categories.  I think "Individual"
gives a much clearer indication that the TC member participated as an
individual rather than as a representative of a particular corporate
entity.

Would it be so wrong just to use "Individual" for those cases?  That said,
what would the Associate Members prefer to see beside their names?

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner