OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Re: [codelist] Agenda for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01


Agenda for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01

14:00 - 15:00 UTC 2007-05-01
    07:00 - 08:00 2007-05-01 San Francisco
    08:00 - 19:00 2007-05-01 Denver
    10:00 - 11:00 2007-05-01 New York
    15:00 - 16:00 2007-05-01 London
    16:00 - 17:00 2007-05-01 Copenhagen, Paris, Rome
    Other cities: 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=05&day=01&year=2007&hour=14&min=0&sec=0
    ###############################################
    STANDING INFORMATION FOR CLRTC CONFERENCE CALLS
    N.A. domestic toll-free number: (877)481-7043
    Int. access/caller paid number: (205)354-0146
    Access code: *3852668* (with the asterisks!)
    ###############################################

Another revised draft agenda for tomorrow's 
meeting (this one incorporating Tony's documents) is posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23801

The full text (without indentation) is copied below.

"See" you there!

. . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Draft Agenda for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01
Copyright  2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/04/30 19:40:06 $(UTC)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-04-17
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Scheduled for 2007-05-01 - 14:00UTC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=05&day=01&year=2007&hour=14&min=0&sec=0

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14954

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=14954

1. Roll call
Regrets received in advance:

(none)

Public Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-04-17
Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23559

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14939

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=14939

Any comments on the minutes of the previous meeting?

3. Standing items
(none at this time)

4. Action items from previous meetings
Tony to post draft Committee Draft

Requirements (ODT): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23789

Requirements (PDF): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23790

Draft spec (ODT): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23794

Draft spec (PDF): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23793

Ken to draft the RDDL page for the URL of the namespace URI

pending

working with: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/rddl.html

Ken to clarify which names are listed in Annex A

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00055.html

Ken to solicit at least three statements of use 
to be presented before July 10, 2007

I have only two candidates so far, so would 
organizational members please think on this 
(individual and associate members do not qualify for submitting this statement)

ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00050.html

All members to comment on posted documents

pending

All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

Jim to post requirements of Electronic Court Filing TC when ready

pending

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
Review of delivery dates in charter:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
Repository references in the mail list archive

please turn off automatic email notifications 
when posting any new document to the Kavi 
repository for the committee because the URL sent 
in an automated notification requires password access to reach the document

please write your own email notification and post 
to the mail list, using the publicly-accessible 
URL 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id= 
followed by the repository document identifier: 
the 5-digit number that can be found after 
posting a document when hovering over the link to 
the document from the document repository

please test your URL before sending your message 
to the mail list (I've messed up in the past by 
simple typos in a 5-digit number!)

for example, see 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23711

re: the UBL Methodology for Code List and Value Validation

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23703

this utilizes genericode and defines a 
methodology that can be used for any XML document, not just UBL

does it make sense to consider moving the 
"ownership" of this project from the UBL 
committee to our CLRTC committee? I am the only 
editor and developer and I sit on both committees

if so, we should decide this ASAP ... the 
methodology is still in draft and has to change 
to support new URI strings for genericode, so any 
early adopters currently using the methodology 
will have to touch their files anyway ... 
changing the URI strings to CLRTC would be done 
at the same time they change the URI strings for genericode

the thought is that since there are no UBL 
dependencies in the methodology can we remove any 
UBL "attachment" by making it a CLRTC 
methodology, perhaps just simply named "OASIS 
Methodology for Code List and Value Validation"?

this wouldn't be a mandatory methodology, just an 
optional and available validation methodology for users of genericode

7.  Next teleconference
Determine date and time of next meeting.

Possibly July 10, 2007.

8.  Any other business
Reminder of New York XML SIG presentations on UBL 
and genericode by Ken and Tony in Manhattan:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00047.html

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
To be summarized.

10.  End of meeting
Scheduled to be less than one hour.

--
Upcoming hands-on training(Europe 2007): XSL-FO Jun 11; UBL Oct 01
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]