Subject: Re: [codelist] Minutes of Code List Representation TC teleconference 2007-05-01

At 2007-05-01 16:46 -0400, I wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Please find the minutes of today's meeting posted at:

It has been pointed out to me that I transcribed
the URI strings from our decision incorrectly into the minutes.

Here are the repairs ... please let me know if
you find other repairs to be made:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23833

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-05-01
Copyright © 2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/05/02 11:28:20 $(UTC)

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-04-17
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 14:00(UTC) - 2007-05-01

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14954

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=14954

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23801

Many thanks to the Financial Information Services
Division (FISD) http://www.fisd.net of SIIA for sponsoring our teleconference.

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Anthony Coates
Ray Denenberg
Jim Harris
G. Ken Holman
Paul Spencer

Regrets:

(none)

Public Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see
voting members at end of list):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-04-17
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14939

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=14939

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23559

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
(none at this time)

4. Action items from previous meetings
Tony to post draft Committee Draft

Requirements (ODT):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23789

Requirements (PDF):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23790

Draft spec (ODT):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23794

Draft spec (PDF):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23793

re: URI strings

AGREED to use the following URI strings for the specification:

Latest Version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/doc/filename

Latest Approved Version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/approved/genericode/doc/filename

AGREED that the corresponding requirements
document will live in the same directory as the specification

AGREED that the document above with the indicated
changes for URI strings is approved as a Committee Draft

AGREED that the approved Committee Draft be sent
to TC Administration as a Public Review Draft

Ken to draft the RDDL page for the URL of the namespace URI

pending

working with: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/rddl.html

Ken to clarify which names are listed in Annex A

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00055.html

Ken to solicit at least three statements of use
to be presented before July 10, 2007

I have only two candidates so far, so would
organizational members please think on this
(individual and associate members do not qualify for submitting this statement)

ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00050.html

Question: what about the companies supporting NES who use UBL 2.0?

Question: what about other OASIS technical
committees ... do they qualify to write a
"statement of use"? Certainly UBL 2.0 is using genericode extensively.

All members to comment on posted documents

pending

All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

Jim to post requirements of Electronic Court Filing TC when ready

pending

face-to-face TC meeting coming up in August

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
Review of delivery dates in charter:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
Repository references in the mail list archive

please turn off automatic email notifications
when posting any new document to the Kavi
repository for the committee because the URL sent
in an automated notification requires password access to reach the document

please write your own email notification and post
to the mail list, using the publicly-accessible
URL
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=
followed by the repository document identifier:
the 5-digit number that can be found after
posting a document when hovering over the link to
the document from the document repository

please test your URL before sending your message
to the mail list (I've messed up in the past by
simple typos in a 5-digit number!)

for example, see
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23711

re: the UBL Methodology for Code List and Value Validation

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23703

this utilizes genericode and defines a
methodology that can be used for any XML document, not just UBL

does it make sense to consider moving the
"ownership" of this project from the UBL
committee to our CLRTC committee? I am the only
editor and developer and I sit on both committees

if so, we should decide this ASAP ... the
methodology is still in draft and has to change
to support new URI strings for genericode, so any
early adopters currently using the methodology
will have to touch their files anyway ...
changing the URI strings to CLRTC would be done
at the same time they change the URI strings for genericode

the thought is that since there are no UBL
dependencies in the methodology can we remove any
UBL "attachment" by making it a CLRTC
methodology, perhaps just simply named "OASIS
Methodology for Code List and Value Validation"?

Tony: perhaps a more distinguishing name would be
more appropriate: e.g. "OASIS genericode Schematron validation methodology"

this wouldn't be a mandatory methodology, just an
optional and available validation methodology for users of genericode

Tony: this has to be underscored that it is not the only one

Tony: question of how much of genericode is
supported in the current instantiation

7.  Next teleconference
Tuesday 2007-07-10 14:00(UTC)

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=15034

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=15034

8.  Any other business
Reminder of New York XML SIG presentations on UBL
and genericode by Ken and Tony in Manhattan:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200704/msg00047.html

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Tony to post final Committee Draft with updated
URL strings as Public Review Draft

Latest Version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/doc/filename

Latest Approved Version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/approved/codelist/genericode/doc/filename

Ken to forward Public Review Draft to OASIS TC
Administration for immediate action

Ken to draft the RDDL page for the URL of the namespace URI

working with: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/rddl.html

Ken to solicit at least three statements of use
to be presented before July 10, 2007

All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

Jim to post requirements of Electronic Court Filing TC when ready

10.  End of meeting
15:00(UTC)

--
Upcoming hands-on training(Europe 2007): XSL-FO Jun 11; UBL Oct 01
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc