Subject: Re: [codelist] Re: Public review versions of genericode spec and requirements

Mary, this is really looking like a lot of work to do properly.  Some of
the differences between OASIS XHTML template and the XHTML exported from
the OASIS ODF template just seem designed to make extra work for people,
like the fact that the styles/classes in the XHTML template are named
differently from those in the ODF template, but the only difference is the
case convention in most cases.

Were these two templates developed indepedently of each other?  What are
other TCs doing?  Do they author in XHTML first and import into
OpenOffice, or are they exporting XHTML from OpenOffice?  I just don't
understand why this particular tedious editing exercise had been added as
a compulsory hurdle for all TCs.  It's hard enough to get volunteers for
these things, let alone if the editing requirements become prohibitive.

Cheers, Tony.