Subject: RE: [codelist] RE: Can HTML version of genericode documents be (OpenOffice) HTML rather than XHTML?

Hi Ken,

  Sorry for the delay. Yes, any specification that has not reached CS status by
1 June 2007 must contain the new Conformance Clause section. I don't see any
problem with working on this during the public review and then having a short
15-day review with the conformance section. Also, just an FYI, the end of August
is typically looked at as a bad time for an OS Standard ballot because much of
Europe is on holiday (if that's any consolation).

  There's one other hitch in Ken's schedule. First, if any comments are received
a seven-day waiting period is imposed before a CS ballot can begin; secondly all
CS ballots/OS ballots must be conducted via electronic ballot (7 days). If I can
get the announcement out before end of day today the TC could theoretically
still meet the deadline; if comments are received during the 2nd review that
wouldn't work however.

  Also, if comments are received during the review period, most technical
committees handle these as they are received rather than waiting until the end -
it could be this is done via email and there's no need for a meeting, but it
might also make sense to schedule an interim meeting and then cancel if no
comments have been received. Just a thought.

>    Public review start:  17 May 2007
>    Public review end:    16 July 2007 (60 days)
>    Committee meeting:    17 July 2007
>    Public review start:  20 July 2007
>    Public review end:    4 August 2007 (15 days)
>    Committee meeting:    7 August 2007
     CS ballot start:      7 August 2007
     CS ballot close:      14 August 2007
>    OASIS voting start:   1 September 2007

I'm now going to work on getting your PR announced.

Mary