Subject: RE: [codelist] Proposed directories for Committee Draft 2

At 2007-07-23 11:31 -0400, Jim Harris wrote:
>My notes aren't too good, but I think we discussed some of this in our
>1-May-2007 teleconference. The approach you describe here seems to be
>fine, accomplishing the objective of access to all versions, and a
>static redirect to the latest version. Did we talk about a separate
>redirect for the latest "approved" version?

Well done, Jim, yes we did talk about an "approved" version in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200705/msg00002.html

>Also, I recall we discussed using the same folder structure for
>corresponding requirements.

Right ... and that is what was done as we see the requirements in the
same folder as the specification.

So, I think the directories for the specific numbered versions and
their drafts is all correct, and that all that is missing is a new
server-side redirect.  Where I said:

>Then the following directory (which is already there) will act as the
>server-side redirect to the latest directory:
>
>    /codelist/genericode/

... which I am now assuming is the latest work approved by the
committee, we will also have a server-side redirect to the latest
OASIS standard version:

     /codelist/approved/genericode

Mary, have I interpreted the distinction correctly between these two redirects?

We end up having distinctive base directories such as:

     /codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/...
     /codelist/cd2-genericode-1.0/...
     /codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/...
     /codelist/genericode-1.0/...
     /codelist/cd-genericode-2.0/...
     /codelist/cd2-genericode-2.0/...

And at some point in the future while working on 2.0 we would have
the following redirects:

     /codelist/genericode/         (pointing to /codelist/cd2-genericode-2.0/)
     /codelist/approved/genericode (pointing to /codelist/genericode-1.0/)

This is consistent with what we have now:  /codelist/genericode is
pointing to /codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/ and there is no
/codelist/approved/genericode version at this time.

And I see the committee draft links are using the above server
redirects under the titles of "Latest Version" and "Latest Approved
Version", so Tony has followed the minutes.

Thanks Jim for finding that for us.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc