Subject: RE: [codelist] Proposed Conformance Clause for genericode 1.0 specification

At 2007-07-22 15:13 +0100, Paul Spencer wrote:
>My only concern is whether all the rules of genericode are expressed in the
>schema. I have not been through the spec recently in sufficient detail to
>check this.

The only rules I could think of were the uniqueness constraints of
the column names and the reference constraints of the column
references, both satisfied by the use of ID and IDREF native to XML.

If there are other constraints that cannot be expressed in XSD then
we would probably have to write and include an ISO/IEC 19757-3
Schematron expression to test them ... but I cannot think of any.

Can anyone think of other constraints on a genericode file that are
not being expressed by the schema?

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc