Subject: RE: [codelist] Nit about specification links

At 2007-07-25 22:58 -0400, Mary wrote:
>   I'm okay with that - I think the original intent was that it
> would point to the TC's public home page where any errata
>would be noted; if you go with something else we will probably want
>to put a dummy page there so someone clicking on the
>link won't end up with a 404. Does it make more sense to flip it
>around so that you have ../codelist/genericode/errata
>and ../codelist/schematron-genericode/errata? That's okay too.

The reason I discounted ../codelist/genericode/errata is that
../codelist/genericode is the base directory for the delivered
package, and the errata subdirectory is not part of the delivered
package.  I think once we create a delivered subdirectory that
nothing else should go into it (ever!) and one can go to any of the
delivered subdirectories and see everything that went out at that time.

By having ../codelist/errata/genericode and
../codelist/errata/schematron-genericode we can put and update
information in those directories with respect to errata as we find
it, but we haven't touched the "delivered directories".  Now, as for
someone finding these errata directories, there are the links in the
specification document for a user to find them.

Does this make sense, or am I being too worried of the sanctity of
the delivered directories?

Thanks for letting me know.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc