OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Minutes of 2007-09-18 Code List Representation TC teleconference


Minutes of 2007-09-18 Code List Representation TC teleconference

Hello all,

Please find the minutes of today's meeting posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25317

The full text (without indentation) is posted 
below for convenience, but the record above is 
official and will point to any revisions that may be posted in the future.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-09-18
Copyright  2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/09/18 16:13:17 $(UTC)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-09-04
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 14:00(UTC) - 2007-09-18

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=15970

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=15970

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25296

Many thanks to the Financial Information Services 
Division (FISD) http://www.fisd.net of SIIA for sponsoring our teleconference.

1. Roll call
Present:

Anthony Coates
Jim Harris
G. Ken Holman
Paul Spencer

Regrets received in advance:

(none)

Public Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-09-04
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=15945

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=15945

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25185

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

All members to post ideas for describing our 
committee's work to be used for promotion and evangelism

All members need to evangelize the committee and recruit new members

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken to solicit at least three statements of use 
to be presented before October 15, 2007

pending

Ken to move the comments to the appropriate 
folder, and then link to the comments from the 
home page and make the announcement to the mail list

pending

All to comment on the second Committee Draft when 
posted, in preparation for approving it for the second public review

pending discussion of conformance clause

Tony to polish draft second Committee Draft of the genericode specification

pending discussion of conformance clause

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200709/msg00006.html

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200709/msg00008.html

agreed to have two aspects of conformance:

standalone file conformance

processing application conformance

all conformance items will be labeled as being 
part of specification 1.0 by using some kind of 
prefix or other indication so that future 
conformance clauses will have the flexibility to 
reorder items as they will be labeled with the 
specification version at that time

Ken to work on another renamed draft of the 
Schematron-based Value Validation Using Genericode

pending

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.2

first public review complete July 16, 2007

need to address comments, revise materials, 
approve Committee Draft and issue second public review (at least 15 days long)

wait 7 days (if no comments on second draft) 
before notifying OASIS that the TC is ready to 
vote on the Committee Specification

the Committee Specification vote is done online at OASIS and takes 7 days

when Committee Specification reached, and with 
three Statements of Use in hand, submitted to 
OASIS for approval as an OASIS Standard

submissions for OASIS standardization are due by the 15th of each month

package sent out for familiarization at the beginning of the following month

voting by organizational members starts on the 
16th of the month to the end of the month

the discussion on conformance has not completed 
so we need to come to an agreement and another draft based on any suggestions

trigger a letter ballot if we come to a consensus 
before the next teleconference

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
(none at this time)

7.  Next teleconference
Tuesday 2007-10-09 14:00(UTC)

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=15971

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=15971

Tuesday 2007-10-30 14:00(UTC)

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16763

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16763

Note this meeting time is 14:00 UTC and the day 
lands in the week between the European time 
change October 28 and the North American time change November 4, 2007.

Sometime soon we should be able to revert to a 
regularly-called schedule, such as the second 
Tuesday of every month, to experiment with 
scheduling and see if attendance improves. 
Unfortunately due to the timing nature of the 
process of getting 1.0 finalized, we cannot do this just yet.

8.  Any other business
(none at this time)

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Ken to solicit at least three statements of use 
to be presented before October 15, 2007

Ken to move the comments to the appropriate 
folder, and then link to the comments from the 
home page and make the announcement to the mail list

All to comment on the second Committee Draft when 
posted, in preparation for approving it for the second public review

Tony to polish draft second Committee Draft of the genericode specification

Ken to work on another renamed draft of the 
Schematron-based Value Validation Using Genericode

10.  End of meeting
14:25UTC

--
Upcoming public training: UBL and code lists Oct 1/5; Madrid Spain
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]