OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Minutes of 20071030 Code List Representation TC teleconference


Minutes of 20071030 Code List Representation TC teleconference

Hello all,

Please find the minutes of today's meeting posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25910

The full text (without indentation) is posted 
below for convenience, but the record above is 
official and will point to any revisions that may be posted in the future.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for 2007-10-30 Code List Representation TC Meeting
Copyright  2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/10/30 15:25:08 $(UTC)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-10-09
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 14:00(UTC) - 2007-10-30

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16763

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16763

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25864

Many thanks to the Financial Information Services 
Division (FISD) http://www.fisd.net of SIIA for sponsoring our teleconference.

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Anthony Coates
G. Ken Holman
Jim Harris

Regrets received in advance:

Paul Spencer

Public Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-10-09
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=15971

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=15971

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25622

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

All members to post ideas for describing our 
committee's work to be used for promotion and evangelism

All members need to evangelize the committee and recruit new members

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken to solicit at least three statements of use 
to be presented before October 15, 2007

pending

Ken to move the comments to the appropriate 
folder, and then link to the comments from the 
home page and make the announcement to the mail list

awaiting direction from OASIS staff regarding Kavi functionality

document moved by Tony

Tony to polish draft second Committee Draft of the genericode specification

Tony to post changes from first Committee Draft 
as a summary document for use in directing the 
comments of the second public review

done: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200710/msg00007.html

agreed on the comments received to date for the second public review:

directories will be separated

conformance clauses will be separated

the xml:lang= attribute will be re-introduced 
(this is the only substantive change)

Tony to post a third Committee Draft when changes 
are completed if no other substantive comments 
are received between now and the end of the second public review (tomorrow)

the posting will include a summary of the changes made

Ken to work on another renamed draft of the 
Schematron-based Value Validation Using Genericode

the draft is now for the file format of 
context/value association (CVA) files and is so titled

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200710/msg00013.html

agreed that members would read through the post 
(note the ZIP file contents include 
documentation, XSD files, and RDDL document) and 
prepare to discuss this at the next teleconference

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.2

first public review complete July 16, 2007

second public review started October 16, 2007 ending October 31

agreed to the following steps:

if any substantive comments are received before 
the end of October 31, they will be dealt with 
over email using a 7-day email ballot

if no substantive comments are received before 
the end of October 31, Tony will post the draft Third Committee Draft

Ken will then issue a 7-day email ballot asking for two things:

any objections accepting the draft Third 
Committee Draft as a final Third Committee Draft

any objections to starting the process for public 
review of the Third Committee Draft with the 
scope of comment being only the substantive changes

seven days after the end of the Public Review of 
the Third Committee Draft, if there are no 
substantive comments, Ken will submit the 
document for OASIS processing to vote it for a Committee Specification

no vote is needed in order to start the voting process at OASIS

when Committee Specification is reached, and with 
three Statements of Use in hand, the document is 
submitted to OASIS for approval as an OASIS Standard

submissions for OASIS standardization are due by the 15th of each month

we don't yet have three organizational members 
prepared to submit a Statement of Use, so we will 
wait until the 15th of a month following the date 
we receive the third such document

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
(none at this time)

7.  Next teleconference
Determine date and time of next meetings.

Tuesday 2007-11-20 15:00(UTC)

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16819

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16819

In the new year we will discuss over email the 
schedule of upcoming teleconferences.

8.  Any other business
(none at this time)

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Ken to solicit at least three statements of use for genericode

Tony to prepare and post the third committee draft for genericode

Ken to conduct email ballot regarding committee 
draft approval and submission for third public review

All to review the context/value association file 
specification in preparation for next teleconference

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200710/msg00013.html

10.  End of meeting
14:35UTC

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]