OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Minutes of 2007-12-18 Code List Representation TC teleconference


Minutes of 2007-12-18 Code List Representation TC teleconference

Hello all,

Please find the minutes of today's meeting posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26576

The full text (without indentation) is posted 
below for convenience, but the record above is 
official and will point to any revisions that may be posted in the future.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for 2007-12-18 Code List Representation TC Meeting
Copyright  2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/12/18 17:00:33 $(UTC)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-11-20
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 15:00(UTC) - 2007-12-18

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16943

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16943

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26406

Many thanks to the Financial Information Services 
Division (FISD) http://www.fisd.net of SIIA for sponsoring our teleconference.

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Anthony Coates
Jim Harris
G. Ken Holman
Paul Spencer

Regrets received in advance:

(none)

Public Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-11-20
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16819

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16819

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26172

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

All members to post ideas for describing our 
committee's work to be used for promotion and evangelism

All members need to evangelize the committee and recruit new members

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken to trigger OASIS process

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200711/msg00008.html

on the last day of the review, December 8, there was a single comment posted:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist-comment/200712/msg00000.html

both Tony and Ken have since responded to the comment:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist-comment/200712/msg00001.html

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist-comment/200712/msg00002.html

no further comment from attendees to today's teleconference

Mary has been contacted regarding triggering the 
electronic ballot for the committee specification

Ken to post CVA update with beta namespace URI strings

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200711/msg00007.html

Tony was approached by the oXygen folks 
http://www.oxygenxml.com regarding genericode-based validation:

"is it possible to instead use NVDL than CVA files for validation?"

this was discussed during the call and Ken will 
write to them asking for more clarification

Ken raised an inconsistency between genericode 
documentation and CVA documentation

Ken to draft a new CVA specification introducing 
a more consistent documentation approach

Ken raised an inconsistency between genericode 
and CVA use of namespaces for descendents of the document element

decided to leave status quo for now

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.2

first public review complete July 16, 2007

second public review started October 16, 2007 ending October 31, 2007

third public review started November 23, 2007 ending December 8, 2007

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.3

a single comment was received on the last day of 
the third public review, so by the process we 
need to wait 7 days before commencing the vote 
for Committee Specification status

when Committee Specification is reached, and with 
three Statements of Use in hand, the document is 
submitted to OASIS for approval as an OASIS Standard

submissions for OASIS standardization are due by the 15th of each month

we don't yet have three organizational members 
prepared to submit a Statement of Use, so we will 
wait until the 15th of a month following the date 
we receive the third such document

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
A developers' list has been set up for topics related to our committee:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/clr-dev/

mailto:clr-dev-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org (to subscribe)

7.  Next teleconference
Ken will ask the mail list in mid-January if 
members will be prepared January 22 for a 
teleconference to review the CVA specification, 
and if so, a teleconference will be called and an 
agenda for it issued around January 15.

8.  Any other business
(none at this time)

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Ken to contact oXygen regarding use of NVDL.

Ken to change CVA specification to treat 
documentation constructs more similarly to the way done in genericode.

All members to review revised CVA specification 
in time for questions at the next teleconference, 
with the goal of producing a committee draft for public review.

10.  End of meeting
15:50UTC

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]