Subject: Re: [codelist] Comments on CVA spec WD0.2 21 Nov

I pointed this issue out because I see no reason for us to repeat the
experience of the W3C XQuery WG, and I don't want to risk a less than
favourable view of the CVA spec from the W3C XSL WG.

Also, as CVA is likely to be used as part of XProc pipelines, it would be
helpful to users if CVA took the same approach to XPath as XProc does.  I
think there is a benefit to users in having that kind of consistency.

I don't believe the potential XPath 1.0/2.0 issues will be significant in
practice, any more than they are now (and while there are potential
issues, I don't find in practice that they come up particularly often).

Cheers, Tony.