Subject: Re: [codelist] Genericode 1.1? - a request from CEFACT for embedded codelists in code list set documents

No objections here, unless this would introduce scheduling
problems that are not apparent from your message.

Jon

   Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:35:36 +0100
   From: "Anthony B. Coates (Document Engineering Services)"
    <anthony.coates@documentengineeringservices.com>

   I have been in discussion with the ICG group of UN/CEFACT, which is
   responsible for publishing CEFACT's code lists.  They would like to use
   genericode, but they have a requirement to be able to publish all of their
   code lists within a single XML document, so they can give their users a
   single file that avoids some of the version management issues that come
   with multiple files.  They still plan to make the individual code lists
   available in individual genericode files, but they want this option to
   have all in one file.

   Personally, I think this is a reasonable request, and I would like to
   suggest doing it, perhaps as part of a small version 1.1 updated to CS
   1.0.  It involves adding the ability to embed a code list or column set
   document within a code list set document, and updating the specification
   to discuss the implications of doing that.

   Please feel free to post your thoughts about this to the list (or to the
   comments list if you are not a member of the OASIS CLRTC).  Thanks,

   Cheers, Tony.
   --
   Anthony B. Coates
   Associate Director