Subject: Re: [codelist] Genericode 1.1? - a request from CEFACT for embedded code lists in code list set documents

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:51:09 +0100, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> wrote:

> Can you please propose a 1.1 document and associated schema?

OK.  The updated document will take the time, the Schema changes are
easy.  Note that I have given UN/CEFACT ICG an interim Schema (with a
differenet namespace) with the changes, so they can progress their plans
to move to genericode.  My hope is we can get this official update out
somewhat quickly so that we can migrate ICG over to an official Schema.
That said, my updating of the specification will be the rate-determining
step, I suspect.

> Given that this does not make instances of genericode 1.0 non-conformant
> with the 1.1 schema, I suggest we keep the namespace URI string the same
> (as we are doing in UBL with UBL 2.x versions).  Does anyone feel that
> we need to change the namespace URI string?  Recall the versioning
> policy in the namespace document itself:
>
>    http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/

OK, I'll leave the namespace the same, but update the version number in
the Schema itself to 1.1.

Cheers, Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates