Subject: RE: [codelist] Revision to the CVA specification

Just an FYI . . .  The Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee
recently approved as a committee draft version 4.0 of the ECF
specification.  This version utilizes genricode for code lists defined
on the court policy component of the specification.

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:44 AM
To: Code List Representation TC
Subject: [codelist] Revision to the CVA specification

Fellow CLRTC members,

While the Code List Representation Technical Committee list has been
quiet, there have been a growing number of users of OASIS genericode
and the proposed Context/Value Association document model.  I've been
working with people in New Zealand, England and Belgium on new
implementations, as well as assisting the UBL committee with their
2.0 update release with updated files.  I also had the opportunity to
teach a full day on genericode and CVA in Rome in April.

Further to Maarten's formal request:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist-comment/200811/msg00000.ht
ml

... I have addressed a couple of small issues that have been piling up:

  - augmented the Identification section to be more in line with
genericode
  - rearranged and augmented the Annotation section to be more in line
with
    genericode
  - added the mark="" attribute to characterize a context with a name
token

Maarten's request was framed using Schematron, yet CVA is specified
to be implementation independent.  The new CVA mark="" attribute can
be implemented with flag="" when using Schematron as the
implementation.  Using "mark" reflects that the user is marking the
particular context with some abstract characteristic that may be
useful in downstream distinctions of the constraint violations.

Still not addressed are valuable comments from Tony regarding the
prose used in the draft specification.  I'm waiting until we stop
getting technical comments before reworking the prose.

  The specification of CVA:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=29990

  An example Schematron implementation of CVA for validation:

   http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#cva2sch

  XSLT 1.0 stylesheets for rendering CVA and genericode files in HTML:

   http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#codess

As always, any feedback is very much appreciated.

I'm thinking in the new year we should restart some CLRTC meetings
and if we don't get any more requests for technical changes we start
the OASIS standardization process for the CVA specification.

Does anyone feel differently at this point?

Thanks for your continued support of the committee work!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg