Subject: Success use of genericode and CVA in New Zealand

Juerg Tschumperlin has allowed me to forward this to the list, about
successful use of genericode and CVA in New Zealand.

Cheers, Tony.

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Juerg Tschumperlin" <Juerg.Tschumperlin@minedu.govt.nz>
Subject: RE: [codelist] Revision to the CVA specification
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:54:18 -0500

Hi Tony,

For quite some time now, MoE has been implementing 2-pass XML Content
Validation, using Genericode, Context-Value-Association and ISO Schematron.

At the time when MoE started exploring XML content validation, no full
OASIS standard was available yet, but UMCLVV Draft 0.8 was defined. It met
MoE needs, and is still being used. Once Context-Value-Association becomes
a full standard (we hope that will be soon!), MoE intends to migrate to
the latest versions of these two great OASIS standards.

The individual Genericode lists are predominantly used within the New
Zealand Education Sector, but MoE does hope that other government agencies
will adopt the standard also.

Here are some links referring to UMCLVV, Genericode and Context Value
Association. These documents cover many other topics also - but when you
do a find for "UMCLVV", "Genericode" and "Context Value Association", you
will
find the relevant sections.

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/~/media/MinEdu/Files/EducationSectors/PrimarySecondary/Initiatives/ModelDrivenSemanticInteroperability.pdf

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/~/media/MinEdu/Files/EducationSectors/PrimarySecondary/Initiatives/ExampleOfModelDrivenSemanticInteroperability.pdf