Subject: Template for a new charter and the ramifications

Fellow Code List Representation TC members,

In preparation for tomorrow's meeting, please review the attached template for a committee charter.

I will be suggesting that we write a new charter from scratch, as we observed at our last meeting that the current charter was too focused on the initial work product. Thus, it did not reflect a long-term charter to take the work forward in the future.

Writing a new charter will mean we have to reboot the committee, which is an irritation in procedure, but because we aren't changing the IPR mode it does not mean we have to change our name and lose continuity with our archived work to date:

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26/#rechartering

Rather than word-smith by the whole committee, I suggest that at tomorrow's meeting we complete our outline in bullet points of what we want to see in each section of the new charter. Then maybe two or three of us over zoom can pull it together into a draft and post it to Kavi. Please consider if you would like to be part of the editing committee.

The bullet points so far are in our agenda, but they are not organized to the new template as they should be, they are oriented around the old charter that we are abandoning:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/202101/msg00011.html

Oh, and we all will have to rejoin the "new" committee after the "old" committee is disbanded. That is the irritating (but necessary) procedural bit.

I'm about to post for the 7-day consideration of being a co-chair of the committee because of the new 2-year appointment rule. That will allow us to respond to the results at next week's meeting. Please note that I will not be putting myself forward to be a co-chair.

I'm looking forward to the meeting tomorrow!

Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |
Essays (UBL, XML, etc.) http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/gkholman |