Subject: Re: [codelist] Invitation for candidacy for chairing the CLR committee

Dear TC members,
I apply as candidate for the chair or co-chair position.

Andrea

Il 21/01/2021 19:44, G. Ken Holman ha scritto:
Fellow Code List Representation TC members,

As part of TC vitality, we need to establish who will chair our work going forward:

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-committee-operations-process/#chairs
Every two years a Committee must re-appoint its chair(s). A call for candidates must be requested through the committee's general email list inviting candidacy to be posted to that list. Committee members have 7 days after being notified to propose themselves as a candidate. All Committee members are eligible to apply including current and past chairs; no term limits apply. After the 7 Days candidacy period, if seats are contested, a ballot must be run to select the chair(s).

Seven days from today is Thursday January 28. At our meeting on the morning of January 29 we will review the list of candidates. If more than two volunteer, we will need to run a ballot, otherwise we can just have a full majority vote to confirm (majority of all voting members, not jut those in attendance).

Although not requiring a formal process, the other officer is Secretary, so if you have an interest in helping the chair while not being the chair, this role is for you!

Please consider how you can help the committee in this role, and the dedication it deserves to do so.

Please post in an email before the end of your Thursday next week your personal candidacy to the entire committee using <codelist@lists.oasis-open.org> to do so.

I look forward to seeing members come forward for this important role.

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |