Subject: The Peppol network publishing of code lists

Fellow CLRTC members,

Just this morning we were wondering about whether Peppol publishes its code lists in genericode.

Thirty minutes ago I discovered that they do!

https://docs.peppol.eu/edelivery/codelists/

The correct spelling of "genericode" aside (note we've always used lower-case "g" except at the start of a sentence), I'm glad to see it there!

A quick glance indicates they are using genericode properly and well.

Note that a version in JSON is available for each list.

One thing not mentioned at the meeting this morning is that we can lean on the argument that the tight binding JSON provides between application means that programmers will want to use their own JSON arrangement. If we stick to XML only, then projects can choose to publish in XML and have users convert the open standardized XML into bespoke JSON as they require for their application. What use is it publishing a committee JSON format if programmers are going to rearrange it anyway for their bespoke use?

But that's just food for thought while we go through our identified task of getting industry feedback.

Have a good weekend!

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |