Subject: Review of preliminary schema

Fellow CLRTC members,

Have members yet looked at Erlend's accomplishments here?

https://github.com/klakegg/genericode-schema

I'm thinking this is close to what we need.

I like what he has done with the annotations, and I was able to encode multiple columns in a single row object without any problems.

Personally, I think the names of properties in JSON should be identical to the names used in the XML element names. I note currently the names are more "JSON-like", but having two names for the same semantic concept may present challenges in the documentation.

Does anyone else on the committee have a preference between the following?

"identification": {
    "short_name": "CaseTypeCode",
    "version": 5,
"canonical_uri": "https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode";, "canonical_version_uri": "https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode/2018-12-18";
},

... vs. ...

"Identification": {
    "ShortName": "CaseTypeCode",
    "Version": 5,
"CanonicalUri": "https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode";, "CanonicalVersionUri": "https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode/2018-12-18";
},

... as compared to ...

<Identification>
    <ShortName>CaseTypeCode</ShortName>
    <Version>5.0</Version>
    <CanonicalUri>https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode</CanonicalUri>
    <CanonicalVersionUri>https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalxml-courtfiling/ns/v5.0/CaseTypeCode/2018-12-18
    </CanonicalVersionUri>
</Identification>

I'm thinking about the documentation and would be hard pressed to give up equivalence in the property/element names. I'm anxious to hear opinions.

Thanks!

. . . . . Ken

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |