coel-comment message

Subject: TC Admin comments on COEL v1.0 public review

Members of the COEL TC,

In preparing your content for public review, we encountered the following items that we bring to your attention.

- In all files, we noted several instances of tables with cells where the text is fully justified on both sides. In the HTML, this introduced extra spacing and interfered with readability. You might consider changing the paragraph style on these cells to be left-justified.

- Behavioural Atom Protocol, in section 2, there are references in the text to [HTTP] and [JSON] that link directly to the specs and that also are not listed in the References section.

Any specifications listed in the body of the text must also be listed in the References section as either Normative references or Non-Normative references and must link to those specs from there. Typically, by linking from these text entries back to your references section, you have only one place to update references when they change.

- Behavioural Atom Protocol, in section 4, Conformance, the reference to [COEL_RPE-1.0] in the text does not link back to the Normative references entry.

- Identity Authority Interface, on our copy, the header H1 style was corrupted. The section numbers didn't appear in the HTML and on the PDF there was just a black box. You may want to use our copy of the docx file for the next round of edits.

- Rules, Principles, and Ecosystem, in the table you use of the specific font type for symbols didn't work well in the HTML.

The symbols are in "Wingdings". In HTML, they did not display properly in the Firefox browser. In Chrome they looked ok. I did not check with Safari or IE.

We recommend using "Arial Unicode MS"  and the following characters:

    HEX     DECIMAL
✓ = 2713 or 10003
✔ = 2714 or 10004
✗ = 2717 or 10007