coel message

Subject: Comment on 'Reliability field'

Hi All,

Happy New Year.

A comment on our Spec:

In Section 5.2.7 on the Reliability field we say 'The Default shall be 50' and I was left wondering what this means to an implementer. This is an optional field so if an Atom submitter omits the field but then later issues a query for all atoms with Reliabilty = 50% should they expect to see that Atom returned? I don't think so: we don't want to create an implicit requirement on a data engine to store a value of 50.

I think what we mean here is to guide users to what this value means so perhaps we soften the statement to say that a value of 50% is regaded as typical.

Regards

Paul

Paul BRUTON BSc PhD
Consultant

Email: paul.bruton@tessella.com
Office: +44-1925-912232
Mobile: +44-7557-916535

Chadwick House, Suite 410, Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA36AE, UK

www.tessella.com

Tessella is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01466429. Registered office: 26 The Quadrant Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3YS