coel message

Subject: Re: Time to Publish COEL

David, congratulations to you all! I'm happy to talk if that will help but this sounds pretty straightforward. Here are your next steps.

1. Prepare your comment resolution log for the public review of CSPRD02. You can find the requirements, including links to a template you can use, described here -> https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/handling-the-comments-received-during-a-public-review . When you do that, I just noted that I never got a comment resolution log for CSPRD01. Please put one together for that public review as well. Send me copies so that I can load them to the csprd directories on docs.oasis-open.org

2. If you need to make a Non-Material Change to the working draft before the ballot to approve it as a CS, then go ahead and make the change to your working draft (the current CD draft). You will need to also prepare a log of the changes that you make. (Frankly, the easiest way to do it is to do a red-line comparison of the current and revised CDs and use that as the change log.) Package the revised CD in the change log in a zip file and load them to your Kavi document repository. (These steps explained in https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/approving-a-committee-specification-or-note-draft-with-non-material-changes

3. Once that's done, assign me the task of opening a Special Majority Vote with Non-Material Changes using this form -> https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/committee-note-ballot-request. I will set up and run the ballot for the TC. Once it closes and passes, I will publish the Committee Specification.

4. Now, as to Statements of Use, sounds like you are in good shape. The requirements on those are pretty simple: the provider of an SoU must cite the published CS (including the version # and the approval date) and state that they have put together an implementation the meets the conformance clauses and listing the ccs they meet. So, for example, if someone has an implementation that uses the classification model, they simply need to list the relevant clauses that apply. Your conformance clauses look very thorough at a quick glance so you should have no problem there. Here is a template people can use for the SoU:

"As Primary Representative for <member name> to OASIS, I approve the following Statement of Use:    <-- NOTE: this is needed for member companies, obviously not needed for non-member submissions

People are free to provide more information if they like. See for example these quite detailed statements for KMIP: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/60994/KMIP-SOU-Cryptsoft-18-Jun-2017.pdfhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/61007/KMIP-SOU-P6R-18-June-2017-R2.pdf

The Statements of Use will need to be accepted by a resolution by the TC passed in a meeting and included in its minutes.

5. Once that is all together, you can assign me the task of holding a vote to approve submitting the CS to the membership as a Candidate OASIS Standard using this form -> https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/candidate-oasis-standard-submission-request

Let me know if you need any more info. It is a straightforward process.

I look forward to working with you all on the next steps.

Best,

/chet