coel message

Subject: Re: [coel] Re: COEL Next Steps Check

Image

Joss

Sent from my mobile device.

From: coel@lists.oasis-open.org <coel@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 2:55:28 PM
To: dave.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com
Cc: coel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [coel] Re: COEL Next Steps Check

Hi David,

First of all, congrats on reaching this stage! For your question, the answer is the latter. Next step is to approve a CS. Here are the steps:

1. Draft an email along the lines of:

Subject: Public review of COEL V1.0 closed without comments

Body: The public review of Classification of Everyday Living Version 1.0 CSPRD03, announced in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/coel-comment/201805/msg00000.html, closed on 23 May 2018. No comments were received.

2. Request a Special Majority Vote to approve the draft as a Committee Specification using https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/committee-specification-ballot-request

I will set up and run the ballot for the TC and, at the end of it, publish the CS.

After the vote passes, I will also send you the title, the CS number and the approval date; that is the information that Statements of Use must cite.

3. Collect your statements of use following the definition at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dStatementUse. Providers are free to give more information in their SoUs but the minimum is defined in the definition.

Here is a template submitters can use:

XXX Corporation is successfully using Classification of Everyday Living Version 1.0, Committee Specification 01, approved on DATE in accordance with the mandatory conformance clauses
specified in section 13 and with OASIS policy. The use <did | did not>  include the interoperation of multiple independent implementations.

Keep in mind that at least one SoU must come from an OASIS member. For any SoUs coming from an OASIS member organization, the primary representative must either submit or approve the SoU.

Once you have at least 3 SoUs in hand, you'll be ready to take the next step towards OASIS Standard.

Again, congrats & let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

/chet