coel message

Subject: FW: COEL TC event plans for 2019

Folks,

One for todayâs agenda. Whoâs planning on attending or who canât make it?

Dave

From: Jane Harnad <jharnad@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:56 PM
To: Joss Langford <joss@activinsights.com>; Snelling, David <dave.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com>
Subject: COEL TC event plans for 2019

Joss and Dave,

OASIS is beginning to compile our event plans for 2019. Such activities typically include presentations and panel sessions (at industry conferences), Interop demos, standard showcases, plugfests, training, and more. (Additional information noted below.)

At this time, I am making my rounds through our Technical Committees (TC) in an effort to learn more about your specific plans. Weâd like to be able to support and help promote your activities whenever possible, so please donât hesitate to send information our way at any time.

If you havenât had a discussion within your TC yet, we encourage you to start now. We understand this will be an ongoing activity but would like to begin collecting information before the new year.

Iâm available to meet with you to review options and/or discuss ideas in more details. Please let me know if youâd like me to arrange a meeting.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Jane

Additional details on event activities to consider when discussing plans with your TC membersâ

Interop demonstrations, standard showcases, and plugfests. All of these activities would feature products that support OASIS standards and/or specifications. Usually hosted in connection with a conference, trade show or another public event.

Interop demonstrations show interoperability between membersâ products, all of which adhere to a set of technical requirements defined by the TC and/or Interop Team. Showcases provide a common venue for demonstrating membersâ products that support an OASIS standard or specification. Because full compliance with a defined demonstration scenario is not required, an Interop Showcase is easier to organize and may be more readily accessible to a broader range of members. Plugfests offer the opportunity to determine product compliance and interoperability. Participation in plugfests may be open to both members and non-members.

Visit OASIS Interop policy for more specifics on these activities.

TC-related presentations and panel sessions at industry conferences. If a representative from your TC is speaking at a conference--and the presentation focuses on an OASIS Standards or TC specifications, we will be happy to promote it to our community.  In addition, OASIS staff could provide assistance with arranging presentations or panel sessions at TC recommended industry events.

Please note: As a non-profit organization, OASIS is able to arrange marketing barters with industry events that may result in discounts to TC members who have an interest in attending, sponsoring, and/or exhibiting. Please keep this in mind when discussing potential event collaborations.

Pre-OS vote webinars. These webinars are designed to provide our TCs with a platform to explain the basics about their specifications to people within our OASIS community who might not be familiar with this area of technology. Webinar goals are to achieve the approval threshold faster, reach a higher OS vote total and help elevate awareness of the work within OASIS. Similar types of webinars could also be used to build awareness in other non-member communities at the request of the TC.

TC-hosted training or workshops.  If the TC should decide to hold a workshop and/or training program to increase adoption and/or participation in the work, OASIS staff may be available to provide support. Workshops and training may be stand-alone activities or held in conjunction with another industry event.

--

Jane Harnad

Manager, Events

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x214 (Office)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited (registered in England No 96056); Fujitsu EMEA PLC (registered in England No 2216100) both with registered offices at: 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW; PFU (EMEA) Limited, (registered in England No 1578652) and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited (registered in England No. 4153469) both with registered offices at: Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.
This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.