conformance message

Subject: recent activities

hello All

Next week, several members of this committee and OASIS will be
participating in the Workshop on QA that is being held at NIST and hosted
by NIST, OASIS, and W3C.  The purpose of the Workshop is to provide a forum
for discussion regarding QA of W3C Specifications, building of conformance
test suites, and ways to improve the specifications.  Goals include:
- leverage the interests and resources of organizations interested in these
areas,
- encourage coordination and cooperation, and
- initiate development of a framework and/or guidelines for developing
conformance tests (including how does one submit tests to an effort, how
disputed tests are handled, maintenance)

Additional areas of work for this Committee include working with ebXML
Initiative.  In particular, I will be drafting a general document on
testing for the ebXML Technical Architecture Committee.  The document will
discuss what needs to be addressed, the roles and responsibilities, and the
activities involved in setting up a conformance testing program. If anyone
is interested in helping to contribute to this effort, please let me
know.  Additionally, I will be posting the document to this list for comment.

Finally, if you have any documents related to conformance that would be
helpful to people in understanding conformance, the issues, etc. -  that we
can make available, please send me the URL so that we can reference from
the TCs webpages.

Thanks
Lynne