courtfiling-reqts message

Subject: RE: [courtfiling-reqts] Feedback on Blue use cases: general

Thank you Scott,

I very much did want your feedback on the risk calculation.  I don't want the pursuit of the date to risk the integrity of the deliverable.  Court filing blue is just too important to risk it.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781

From: Scott Came [mailto:scott@justiceintegration.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:50 AM
To: courtfiling-reqts@lists.oasis-open.org

>> 3. Define the "type" attribute of each use case, and define all allowable values[Bergeron]  please define what you are specifically meaning by type

In some of the MDE use cases (e.g., lines 638-639) there is a "type" attribute.  I was suggesting that we define what this attribute is, and also define the range of allowable values.  As it stands, the unfamiliar reader will wonder what exactly a "transaction interface" is, for example.  (It's possible I missed this definition...if so, issue withdrawn.)[Bergeron]  I believe that there's general consensus that we need to beef up our definition section.

Regarding Don's more general comments...  I'm not sure it would take all that long to improve the form of the use cases.  It strikes me that the basic functional content is there (though when the form is improved it might improve our ability to find holes).  It's more of a refactoring.  Someone familiar with the form we agree to should be able to re-craft the document in a few days, I would guess.  (I'm not necessarily volunteering, though I may have some time later in May where I could help out.)[Bergeron]  I truly hope that we can find a volunteer to accomplish this.  I cannot volunteer to my current workload and allocation.  We need to keep this task off the mainline of our team.

I agree with Don that design could probably proceed in the meantime, just with slightly more risk.  Frequent, open discussion about how the design is going along with the requirements refactoring (should we decide to do it) could mitigate that risk.[Bergeron]  thanks of the feedback.