courtfiling-reqts message

Subject: RE: [courtfiling-reqts] Groups - Profile Requirements Strawman (ProfileRequirementsStrawman.doc) uploaded

Title: RE: [courtfiling-reqts] Groups - Profile Requirements Strawman (ProfileRequirementsStrawman.doc) uploaded

Scott, Jim,

I agree with most of Jim's questions and comments.

In addition, I have these comments:

I think we should stress our interaction models as part of the definition of the MDE, and part of the profile requirements.

The interaction models (aka operation types) that we have discussed:

        Query (Data Access)
        Transaction (Data Update)
        Event (Notification)

We might say: An MDE is a logical grouping of one or more of these operation types.
We might go onto conclude: A requirement of a profile is to support these interaction models.

One profile property that might then be concluded, is that the profile must support a 'synchronous' call-response mechanism.

Here's why:

Our three operation types all involve synchronous call-response:

Query:
        GetCase ( myCaseId ) : Case

Event:
        NotificationOfX ( myNotice ) : messageReceipt

Transaction:
        ReviewFiling ( myFiling ) : messageReceipt
        ReviewFiling_Callback ( myFilingReceipt ) : messageReceipt

All of the interactions we have discussed have a 'synchronous' aspect to them.
A profile must be able to support, or sufficiently emulate, this type of behavior.

- Shane Durham
LexisNexis