courtfiling-reqts message

Subject: RE: [courtfiling-reqts] Groups - Profile Requirements Strawman (P rofileRequirementsStrawman.doc) uploaded

Shane:

While Query and Transaction interaction models may exist, at a conceptual level, I'm failing to see why it's important to force profiles to distinguish between them.  They are both implemented as operations on MDEs.  The requirement that a profile support message transmissions (as defined in the strawman) seems to support them, does it not?

With respect to Event interaction models, which MDE operations and/or messages identified in the existing domain model constitutes an Event interaction?  Do we actually have any of these defined in the current draft spec?  I don't disagree that these could exist in theory...I just don't believe we've identified any in practice, as things currently stand.

Perhaps we just need an explicit requirement:  A profile must support the transmission of messages from a sender to an MDE.

Thanks.
--Scott