Subject: Re: [csaf] CVSS v2/v3 use in CVRF 1.2

On 4/5/17 4:29 PM, Booth, Harold (Fed) wrote:

> While I do understand the thinking around requiring CVSS v3 in CVRF
> 1.2, I see it as overly focusing on the single use case of describing
> new vulnerabilities from this time forward and not taking into
> account other use cases and usage models.

For CERT/CC's use case -- attempting to evaluate internet-wide severity
-- CVSSv2 is superior due to the way Environmental metrics are handled.

Furthermore, CVSS has other issues, and I intend to bring up
alternatives, or at least some sort of modular/container severity
object, for CSAF/CVRF v.next.

Regards,

 - Art