Subject: Re: [csaf] [CSAF JSON Schema] Combining "document____" properties

Introducing ‘/’ separation requires parsers to know what the separator character is and introduces complexity that does not exist if the properties are separately defined without structure as you suggest.

If a product or software instance wants to create structure from those attributes that is easy done after parsing the properties into an object model/object database.

I suggest keeping the original properties.

Allan

From: <csaf@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>
Date: Monday, May 7, 2018 at 10:34 AM
To: "csaf@lists.oasis-open.org" <csaf@lists.oasis-open.org>

It seems to me that these should simply be combined under one "document" property, as in:

/document/tracking

/document/notes

/document/references

/document/distribution

Any objections to this reorganization?

(Note, this stems from an observation about the CVRF documents - such a document consists of three large chunks of data - information about the document itself, information about products, and information about vulnerabilities. Perhaps the top level properties of the JSON document should reflect that?)

Eric.