Subject: Overview of CSAF web sites

Colleagues,

to get an overview of the TC's work and available information, I browsed the public web sites and tried to gather all links. It wasn't easy for me to understand the current state of CSAF, and this is due to quite a lot of different Github repositories and confusing/outdated information in various places.
I would hope that it will be easier for other interested parties to get into CSAF more quickly if we clean up the current state.

In the following I will show you what I found, and I added some comments and suggestions for improvement to some of the locations.

Github:
â CSAF web site: https://oasis-open.github.io/csaf-documentation/
        â It is not clear that this web site belongs to CSAF, as the terms CVRF and CSAF are used in a confusing way:
                Â The site's title is "CSAF CVRF 1.2"
                Â Prominent link to "CVRF 1.2 Spec Doc"
                Â Paragraph about "CVRF Adoption"
        â Github project for web site: https://github.com/oasis-open/csaf-documentation/
        -> We should clean this site to make clear that the next version will be CSAF 2.0 based on the previous XML-based spec CVRF 1.2
â TC's main Github repository: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/csaf
        â Contains major work of TC: the JSON schema and examples
        â Many old artifacts in repository
        -> This should be cleaned up. Analysis and suggestions are below [1]
â CSAF parser: https://github.com/oasis-open/csaf-parser
        â What is the current state here? It seems to be only a CVRF parser, as it does not have references to JSON in its code
        -> Add prominent statement in README of repository to make this clear?
â External web site: https://github.com/TIBCOSoftware/vulnrep
        â CVRF/CSAF importer/exporter by Eric

Google Docs:
â Draft spec: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dk7kslzyX6UDueFXWE4Cz6Erp3oSWuqQ5kHaV_JuApM
â TODO: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jB-XH6GX79zfOWtV-QasbNjsD9V91Qjjl1PkX10kCZ0

Please tell me if I missed some places.
I propose to talk about my suggestions in the meeting tomorrow!

Best regards,
Tobi

[1]
Detailed analysis of the main Github repo:
â /artifact_linkage
        Â Proposal from Stefan Hagen in 2016 to streamline committee work
        -> Is this still current? Do we need to keep it?
â /cvrf_1.2
        Â Old CVRF spec
â /issue_processing
        Â Another proposal from Stefan Hagen in 2016 to streamline committee work
        -> Is this still current? Do we need to keep it?
â /meeting_minutes
        Â Minutes from TC meetings (latest from 10 months ago)
â /sandbox
        Â ./CVRF_repositories.md
                â Contains list of CVRF repositories -> should be moved to /cvrf_1.2
        Â ./csaf_2.0/
                -> Contains major work for CSAF 2.0. We should move this directory to the root of the repository
                â ./Cvrf_1_2_errata.md
                        Â Erratas for CVRF 1.2 -> should be moved to /cvrf_1.2
                â ./cvrf_1_2_doc_elements.png
                        Â Some graph from the CVRF spec -> delete?
                â ./json_schema/
                        Â ./csaf_json_schema.json
                                â Draft JSON schema for CSAF 2.0
                        Â ./CVE-2018-0171-modified.json, ./cvrf-rhba-2018-0489-modified.json
                                â Examples for CSAF 2.0
                                -> Move examples to 'examples' directory inside /csaf_2.0, rename them in a consistent way?
                        Â ./NOTES.md
                                â Open issues in the draft
                                â Duplicate of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jB-XH6GX79zfOWtV-QasbNjsD9V91Qjjl1PkX10kCZ0 ?
                                -> Do we want to merge both documents?