Subject: CSAF Editorial changes needed for OASIS standard

Dear colleagues,
thank you for your contributions. We have been informed by the OASIS admins that they found some issues with the compliance with RFC 2119:

> During the final inspection, we noticed several instances of misused (improperly formed) key words in the phrases "SHOULD not" [3.1.4, etc. - six total cases] and "MUST not" [at 3.1.2.3.2 (under item 2); 7.1.3; and 7.1.21 - three total cases] and "SHALL not" [occurs once, in 6.2.1]. In each case, the word "not" must be capitalized to meet the RFC 2119/8174ÂdefinitionsÂfor key words

In addition, Denny discovered that example 129 was not conforming RFC 4180 as it had trailing spaces following commas and missing quotes. As those issues prevent us from moving forward to OASIS standard we discussed the them with the OASIS admins. They suggested the following process:

> I think that the best way to addressÂthis is to publish CS03 withÂthese non-material changes, and then submit CS03 as a candidate for OASIS Standard.
>
> This would require the following steps:
> - generateÂcorrected files (and a complete list of the changes)
> - request a special majority vote to approve the corrected files as CS03 [1]
> - when the ballot is set up, the ballot closing date will be the approval date for CS03
> - request updated SOUs for CS03 (I see TIBCO has already submitted one for CS02...) (It is possible, but messy, for the TC to approve the CS02 SOU as applying to CS03 also. However, if possible, new SOUs for CS03 would be better)
> - After receiving three SOUs, request the ballot to approve CS03 as OASIS Standard [2]
>
> [1]Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/project-administration-support-requests/form-request-a-special-majority-vote-to-approve-a-specification-with-non-material-changes/
> [2]Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/project-administration-support-requests/form-request-a-special-majority-vote-to-approve-a-candidate-for-oasis-standard/

The good news is: We can go from CS02 to CS03 directly without a public review as all changes are non-material. The only thing we have to do is voting.

Stefan and I already prepared the new editor revision reflecting the changes that are necessary to resolve the issues. Please review that at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/csaf/pull/569/files.

I'll prepare an email motion to request the SMV for CS03.
However, it would be faster, if we could have a short (maybe 30 minutes) meeting, e.g. next Tuesday 2022-07-19 1pm EDT where we vote for the SMV. (Assuming, we reach quorum and meeting minutes are present the same evening, we could request the SMV the same day which could safe us at least 4 days.) If that is preferred, please let us know.

Best regards,
Thomas
--
Thomas Schmidt