Subject: API directions

Dear members,

as the meeting was suddenly gone while I was trying to explain where I see
current points of interest in the development of standardized API(s) for CSAF v2.1
I like to shortly summarize per mail:

  1. REST,  GraphQL, and OData to me are potentially all three sustainable as specs
  2. Call for action as which architectural forms of API would your organization be
    1. willing to operate
    2. wanting to consume
  3. The editors currently prefer in any case a separation of work products a.k.a. documents
    1. core spec (the format as successor of the v2.0 spec as it is today)
    2. schema files (as of now eventually a different number but linked per the title page of (3.a)
    3. new API spec OData / REST / GraphQL presumably in separate docs for themselves (1 to 3)
  4. There is a collecting issue - please feel free to comment there:
    1. https://github.com/oasis-tcs/csaf/issues/637

Thanks.

All the best,
stefan.
---
Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
read: https://stefan-hagen.website
write: stefan@hagen.link