cti-comment message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti-comment] Registry Datatype Enumeration

Thank you for the suggestion.  Can you please add this to the STIX Github issue tracker?

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-stix2/issues

Bret

From: cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of corey Brian <coreybfoulds@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:42:50 PM
To: cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Good afternoon,

I am working on an integration for a service called GRR rapid response on a project that uses stix cyber observable as our data model.

I noticed that the Registry datatype Enumeration does not include the  REG_DWORD_LITTLE_ENDIAN type. I am aware that windows is built on little endian so is is refered to as just dword, but in the GRR api data that is returned they explicitly use  REG_DWORD_LITTLE_ENDIAN. I also see that Windows defines this as well. Here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb773476(v=vs.85).aspx

Would it be possible to add this enum? Of course I do not understand the process to get this done and I was not a part of the decision making process so I have no expectation of this happening. I thought it would be worth a shot though.

Thank you for your time,

Corey