cti-comment message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti-comment] TC Admin comments on STIX v2.1 csprd01

All of these editorial issues have been fixed, or are in the process of being fixed and will be included in Working Draft 06 of STIX 2.1. I have noted them in the tracking spreadsheet that we will send to the list after the public review period is over and we make any and all changes that come from the remaining public review period.

Bret

From: cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:18:42 AM
To: cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

Members of the CTI TC,

In preparing your content for public review, we encountered the following items that we bring to your attention.

Minor issue: the 3rd level header style lost 'bold.' We can fix next time around now that we've spotted but you might want to update the style in your working draft.

Minor issue: we are using https over http going forward. In the Related work section, the url to TAXII v2.1 should be https.

Main thing though that I wanted to point out is that most of the internal cross-references are broken. Some of the links try to go back to a google doc - see, for example, [RFC2119]  in section 1.2 Terminology. The underlying link goes to https://docs.google.com/document/d/12iw_hELozBO6vZK1RudIKKJbR7Hf_6W4daK-h5UFOWU/edit#bookmark=kix.of8gdqkzfdty.

Others go to anchors that no longer exist. See, for example, [RFC8259] in section 1.5 Document Conventions. It's link is to an anchor code but the code no longer exists to that in the Word doc, you are jumped to the top of the document. Likewise internal cross references such as "see section 3.8" in sect 1.6.11.

These likely got corrupted by a combination of merging the multiple parts in v2.0 into a single document in v2.1 as well as by moving from a Google Doc to Word. I know you all tried to get these fixed; unfortunately, I examined your WD05 and the links are already broken there.

Paul Knight notes that in Windows Word, you can update the document by generating PDF or select-all (ctrl-a) followed by F9). This will replace the links with the text "Error!". It actually replaces the linked text with an Error! message, so it's destructive. A pre-update copy of the Word document should be saved before doing this.

I found the errors by running an extension call Check My Links in Chrome. That is where the attached list came from. One way to make the fix would be to use a link checker like this to display the broken links on the HTML page so that you can then find it and fix it in the Word document beside it.

I have attached a text file with all the broken links though I don't know that it gives you a way to find and fix the problems.

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of that bad news. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

--

/chet

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393