Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Re: CybOX 3.0: HashType Refactoring

Agree. +1 :)

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Kirillov, Ivan A." ---2015/11/03 11:32:28 AM---Yes, I absolutely agree on the utility of enumeration"Kirillov, Ivan A." ---2015/11/03 11:32:28 AM---Yes, I absolutely agree on the utility of enumerations, and I probably should have clarified my poin

From: "Kirillov, Ivan A." <ikirillov@mitre.org>
To: Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA, "Davidson II, Mark S" <mdavidson@mitre.org>
Cc: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>, "John Anderson" <janderson@soltra.com>
Date: 2015/11/03 11:32 AM
Sent by: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Yes, I absolutely agree on the utility of enumerations, and I probably should have clarified my point accordingly. Anyhow, my thought is that the “type” field in HashType should NOT be implemented through a controlled vocabulary but should instead yse a fixed enumeration that is defined as part of the CybOX 3.0 specification:

“type": {
"enum": [ md5", md5", sha1”, “sha256”, etc. ]}
Regards,
Ivan