cti-interoperability message

Subject: Re: OASIS CTI TC Interoperability SC Liaison to OASIS KMIP TC Interoperability SC

That motion looks fine to me.

/chet

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@specere.org> wrote:
Rich,

Per the OASIS CTI TC Interoperability SC Kick-Off Meeting on February 10, 2016 we are seeking to build a formal liaison relationship between the OASIS CTI TC and the OASIS KMIP TC.

My interpretation of the OASIS policy (references below) is that our respective TCs should each:

(1) Vote on the formation of a Liaison relationship and if so moved,

(2) Send Invitations to each other to provide liaison(s).

I've cc'd OASIS staff to both inform and to solicit any additional guidance on proper process/procedure.  I've also cc'd the OASIS KMIP TC Chairs (Tony Cox/Saikat Saha) and Secretary (Robert Lockhart).

I've been nominated to act in the liaison role on behalf of the OASIS CTI TC Interoperability SC and accept this role if asked to serve by the CTI TC. If there is agreement between the TCs to form a Liaison relationship, I recommend that the OASIS KMIP TC similarly designate a liaison to the OASIS CTI TC with a charter to pursue items (1)-(4).

A quick stab at some language:

"Whereas, the OASIS  ______________________ Technical Committee seeks to form a direct collaborative relationship with the OASIS  ______________________ Technical Committee and our respective Interoperability Sub-Committees.

The initial objectives of this relationship are:

(1) Jointly develop and leverage Interoperability best practices, processes, and procedures.

(2) Exchange "Lessons Learned" from Interoperability related efforts.

(3) Coordinate efforts for any joint OASIS Interoperability Showcase, Demonstration, and Plug-Fest opportunities (i.e., RSA 2017).

(4) Explore, define, and communicate any other areas of potential technical alignment and collaboration between the OASIS KMIP TC and OASIS CTI TC for consideration by our respective TCs.

The ______________________ TC hereby approves this relationship and requests that the  _______________________ TC designate one or more persons to act as liaison representative(s) to the ______________________ TC."

Presuming adoption by the respective TCs, the selection of the liaison(s) must then be communicated to the OASIS President, and the liaison(s) must be listed on the web page of the TCs.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk:  (856)983-0001
Cell:  (609)841-5104
Email:  pmaroney@specere.org

Liaisons to a Technical Committee or Member Section

An OASIS TC or MS may desire to have a relationship with a working group or technical committee of another organization, by having one or more persons act as liaison representative(s) between the two groups. The selection of the liaison and any invitation to other organizations to provide a liaison should be by vote of the relevant TC or the Steering Committee of the relevant MS. The selection of the liaison must be communicated to the OASIS President, and the liaison must be listed on the web page of the TC or MS. A TC may form a liaison subcommittee as required to help the TC coordinate its various liaison relationships; an MS may do so, to the extent consistent with the OASIS Member Section Policy and its own Rules of Procedure.

Ideally a liaison relationship is accomplished by selecting a person who is a member of both the OASIS TC or MS, as well as the working group of the other organization to communicate between the two. If such a dual-membership person is not available or is not the right person for this role then the TC or MS may ask one of its own members to join the other organization, or recruit a member of the other organization to join OASIS and that TC or MS. If the latter, then the prospective liaison must become an Eligible Person (as defined in the OASIS TC Process), by joining OASIS in an appropriate membership class, in order to give the person eligibility to join the TC or MS in accordance with OASIS membership policies.

While a TC or MS liaison has been asked by the TC or MS to represent its interests in the work of the other organization, that person does not officially represent OASIS, and cannot speak for or obligate OASIS in any way. Only persons appointed as an organizational liaison representative as described above may represent the consortium.

The TC or MS liaison’s participation in the other organization is governed by that other organization's membership agreement, rules, and procedures. That person acts as a member of that organization, and so. must, for example, follow the other organization's rules concerning confidentiality when sharing that organizations' information with the OASIS TC or MS.

OASIS has no class of membership for an "invited expert." To participate in an OASIS TC or MS, a person must become eligible as described in the OASIS membership policies, OASIS TC Process, and OASIS Member Section Policy.

If the desired organization or person is unable to pay the membership fee to join OASIS, the TC or MS may petition the OASIS President to grant a fee-waived, one-year, Individual or Associate membership to the person, as described below.