Subject: Re: Proposal - Top Level Sighting Object

Well said, and I agree.  This also really gets to the heart of some of the problems with what an Indicator actually is, versus, what people think it is.   I think when people are referring to an indicator, what they really mean, is the CybOX Observable.

If we can get Sightings pulled out of the indicator and made to be small, light-weight object that can be sent by itself, then this could be really powerful.  This coupled with the relationship object, could enable a whole slew of new vendor products to emerge.

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems