Subject: RE: Proposal - Change Report Object

Brett,

How would this redesign of the report object align with your vision for a top level relationship object?

Jon

Jonathan O. Baker

J83D - Cyber Security Partnerships, Sharing, and Automation

The MITRE Corporation

Email: bakerj@mitre.org

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jordan, Bret
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 10:57 AM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cti-stix] Proposal - Change Report Object

In STIX 2.0 I would like to propose that we change the Report Object to contain just reference to the objects that it is binding.  I do not want to see it contain data itself.

[soap box]

We need one way of doing things and the current data-model of STIX, while beautiful, makes writing a decision tree in code for some arbitrary data in a STIX package nearly impossible. .

[/soap box]

Bret Jordan CISSP

Blue Coat Systems