Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Proposal - Change Report Object

FWIW this would potentially be overcome by the top-level relationship construct. Though, for things like indicator composition and the observable within an indicator you would probably not use that construct.

Aharon and Sean, how do you want to handle these types of discussions to work towards a decision? I know on the MITRE lists we would have these discussions and they would sometimes kind of peter out without a solid consensus. Any thoughts on how to avoid that here?

John

From: "Jordan, Bret"
Date: Monday, July 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM
To: Aharon Chernin
Cc: "Wunder, John A.", Jason Keirstead, Trey Darley, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org"

Agreed..  We need to talk through this and think about it.  We need to weigh the value of it and its complexity and impossibility to implement, versus something much easier to understand and easier to implement.   Some of the existing constructs in STIX I think need to be dropped and replaced in whole with something easier to understand and use. Composite indicators might be one of those case, but I have not spent enough time thinking about them yet.  Too focused on other areas that are hemorrhaging.

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems