Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Proposal - Top Level Relationship Object

Based on Bret's example below, is Marking it's own object now? I think we can put the Marking info we need on a per-object level without creating a whole new marking object.

Aharon Chernin
CTO
SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC & DTCC Company
18301 Bermuda green Dr
Tampa, fl 33647
813.470.2173 | achernin@soltra.com

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jordan, Bret <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:38 PM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org

Okay so we have something like this so far.   Need to flush out the Start and End Time stuff.

ID [1]: The ID of the relationship, a simple random GUID
Marking[1]:  The ID of the marking object that you should reference
Version [1]: The version of the relationship; a simple number to be used with the ID for version control
Type [1]: The “type” of relationship being expressed.  (Not sure of how this works yet)
Description [1]: A single simple and short description
Source [1] : The ID of one or more source entities in the relationship as a URI (not QName)
Targets [1..N]: The ID of one or more targets in the relationship as a URI (not QName)
Start [1]: A timestamp in UTC stating when the relationship between the objects started, or the text 'unknown'.
End [1]: A timestamp in UTC stating when the relationship between the objects ended, or the text 'ongoing', or the text 'unknown'.
Reliability/Confidence [1]: A measure of confidence in the relationship using the Information Reliability scale.
Producer [1]:  A simple producer object like what John calls out
Timestamp [1]: A timestamp in UTC stating when the relationship object was created.

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems