Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [cti-taxii] Learning the lessons of the Past (CORBA. Yes, CORBA)

I *wish* there was a mechanism to allow us to programatically derive the actual specs (be they XSD, UML, RDF, OWL, JSON, etc) from a running reference implementation.

/me dreams of cyber-unicorns jumping over rainbows...

Cheers,
Trey
--
Trey Darley
Senior Security Engineer
Soltra | An FS-ISAC & DTCC Company
www.soltra.com

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Dr. Eric Burger <eric.burger@georgetown.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 20:29
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!

The IETF lost its way -- the catchphrase used to be ?rough consensus and running code.? Somewhere along the way we lost the running code part. Lots of ?standards? where we got rough consensus but when people tried to implement them, no one could produce running code.

We are doing well with Soltra, OpenTAXII, Cabby, et al. Let?s keep it up.