Subject: RE: [cti-users] [cti-stix] [cti-users] MTI Binding

There is a big difference between being open with your data, and having that data live on a public internet-facing web server for query. The difference is PULL vs PUSH, and it is a big one. Organizations will be willing to PUSH subsets of their threat intel to trust group based sharing platforms - and yes that is indeed the whole reason we are all here - but most organizations are not going to allow outsiders, even those in their own trust group, to connect to their internal threat repositories to PULL threat intel. It would be like having your PCI servers sitting out on the Internet - not going to happen.

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Bush, Jonathan" ---2015/10/05 08:21:23 PM---Agreed Warren, my assumption was that was the whole poin"Bush, Jonathan" ---2015/10/05 08:21:23 PM---Agreed Warren, my assumption was that was the whole point of what we were doing here – Creating an o

From: "Bush, Jonathan" <jbush@dtcc.com>
To: "'Camp, Warren (CTR)'" <warren.camp@associates.hq.dhs.gov>, "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>, Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: "Sean D. Barnum" <sbarnum@mitre.org>, Jane Ginn <jane.ginn@gmail.com>, "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>, "cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 2015/10/05 08:21 PM

Agreed Warren, my assumption was that was the whole point of what we were doing here – Creating an open community for cyber intel sharing. I can certainly appreciate though this won’t happen overnight, but that is a cultural issue. When we get beyond that barrier, we need to have the systems in place already to allow it. If we start building with that in mind at that time, it will be too late. “Begin with the end in mind”.