Subject: Top-level Sighting Object from last meeting

Hi All,

Given the flurry of discussions about features for STIX v2.0, it’s probably the right time to resend the top-level STIX Sighting Object conversation starter out again.  So here are the slides. Please feel free to comment/feedback/complain/call me names.

Please note – the strawman UML model is an abstraction based on the use of the Sighting Object only for Observable Instances; it assumes that Indicators will similarly be restricted to only allowing Observable Patterns. The idea being that Indicators = ‘things to look for’ and Sightings = ‘things we’ve found’.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald

Senior STIX Subject Matter Expert

SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC and DTCC Company