Subject: Re: [cti-stix] RE: [cti-users] Re: [cti-stix] RE: [cti-users] Indicator Type / Vocabulary Implementation Questions

Hi Jason,

The external access would only be required in order to access the custom vocabulary. The fall back default vocabulary (as proposed by Bret) wouldn’t need external tool connectivity.

As for updating the default vocabulary I believe that most vendors would have an update mechanism built into their tools. It shouldn’t be too difficult to import the update at HQ and send it out as an update.

In any case, most TAXII servers will be connected to the Internet in order to exchange TAXII/STIX. Adding functionality to lookup a custom vocabulary wouldn’t be too onerous in my opinion.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald

Senior STIX Subject Matter Expert

SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC and DTCC Company