Subject: Re: [cti-stix] RE: Things that are difficult in STIX

I would like to second Rich's comments.  Well done to all involved and special thanks to Terry.  The effort is evident, as is the value it provides to the community.

This (and the related efforts to get the issues, etc. organized) provide a framework to drive to consensus.

Well played folks.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org

_____________________________
From: Struse, Richard <richard.struse@hq.dhs.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:18 PM
Subject: [cti-stix] RE: Things that are difficult in STIX
To: Terry MacDonald <terry@soltra.com>, <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

Terry,

While I obviously haven’t had a chance to read this in detail, I have skimmed it and I must say that I’m impressed at the amount of thought that has gone into this analysis.  Furthermore, I think that this analysis and the discussions that this will undoubtedly inspire (provoke?) are a testament to the strength of the STIX/TAXII community.  While there are many organizations around the globe successfully using STIX/TAXII, we all understand that there is a lot of room for improvement.  The fact that this community is dealing with these issues head-on bodes very well for the long-term prospects for the STIX/TAXII ecosystem.

Thanks to you and everyone who contributed to the development of this!  Let’s all roll up our sleeves and get to work to make STIX even better.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee

Chief Advanced Technology Officer

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and

Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resiliency (SECIR)

Cyber Security & Communications

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361