Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX timestamps and ISO 8601:2000

It's not inconceivable that fractional microsecond
values matter in virtualization environments.within
the same facility.  On a larger scale, the uncertainties
associated with the timestamp value will make
nanosecond precision moot.

Has anyone articulated what the overhead
differential is of an expression with a precision
of microseconds versus nanoseconds?

-t

On 2015-11-23 01:08 PM, Jordan, Bret wrote:
I miss typed in my last email, I meant to say micro seconds not milliseconds, aka 6 digits of precision not 3 digits of precision. Wireshark and other networking / security tools are able to work with and provide 6 digits of precision. That is VERY common. What is not really common today is 9 digits of precision.