Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX timestamps and ISO 8601:2000

I really don’t agree with #4 here, it’s ambiguous. It means once every (roughly) 1,000,000 documents one will be issued with a precision of “second” rather than “microsecond” because the natural microsecond value is 0. Then every 60,000,000 (granted getting rare here, but if you talk billions/day) it will accidentally have a precision of “minute” rather than “microsecond”.

This is not to say that we need a precision field, just that if we do it should be explicit rather than implicit.